DURANTE LO SVILUPPO DEL R1 V2 ABBIAMO PROVATO IL POTENZIAMENTO COMPLESSIVO DELLE PERFORMANCE OTTENUTO DA UN KITE PIÙ LEGGERO.
DURING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE R1 V2 WE EXPERIENCED THE OVERALL ENHANCEMENT IN PERFORMANCE ACHIEVED FROM A LIGHTER WEIGHT KITE.
The Chrono V2 UltraLight combines our high quality lightweight materials used on the R1 V2, with the proven Chrono V2 design for the ultimate all-round performance experience.
The UltraLight version offers true performance increases and enhanced flying characteristics compared to the standard Chrono V2. It inflates quicker, launches in lighter winds, flies faster, stays in the air longer in gusty conditions, and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
Weight and packing volume is reduced to a minimum, ideal for travelling and expeditions. The Chrono V2 UltraLight is 25% lighter than the standard Chrono V2, and packs down to around half the size! The technical backpack is the same design as the standard version, also using lighter materials saving weight once again.
The Chrono V2 UltraLight will be produced on request only, please contact your local dealer/distributor and order early to plan for production and delivery time.
CHRONO V2 DESIGN INFO
The Chrono V2 is the ultimate all-round foil kite delivering outstanding performance on all surfaces – water, land or snow; covering all riding styles from freeride, light wind, boosting, foiling and racing.
Our design goal with the second version was to take the original Chrono’s high performance characteristics and make it easier to use for riders looking for all-round ability in any conditions on any surface. The Chrono V2 is more stable and easier to inflate; additionally this model has thicker sheathed Dyneema bridle lines to reduce tangles on the ground. New sizes cover a wider range of conditions to personalise your high performance quiver.
Experienced riders will find themselves at home with the Chrono V2. On the water with a Twin-tip the Chrono V2 large sizes are light wind monsters – loads of power, easy to jump and stable. Due to the abundance of power and efficiency, gaining upwind ground is ridiculously easy. In light winds it is impressive how high and floaty jumps can be! When the wind picks up and you are looking for serious height the smaller sizes really shine, no question at all, these are pop and go big machines, just edge hard and send it, too easy!
Riding with a Foil or Race board the benefits are immediately noticeable thanks to the longer lifting period a foil kite gives you during that critical tacking moment compared to an LEI. The combined performance of the kite and these types of boards makes 4 knot riding a true reality.
On the snow the Chrono V2 takes the sport to another level, more power and performance in light winds, extended jump and flight time with a much better glide angle. The improved handling makes it possible to ride in lighter winds just by generating apparent speed, which means you can take a smaller size.
On the land the gains we have made in kite stability mean that you can work on your landboard freestyle moves without worrying about the kite collapsing or falling out of the sky. For buggy riders the improvements mean freestyle or racing maneuvers are easy and more intuitive with smoother coordinated handling.
- The Chrono V2 Ultralight is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- Our R&D team has longevity and performance tested the new light weight materials proving durability and dynamics. These materials have been extensively used on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past four years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! Using the Brake Handle it is possible to reverse the kite off the water and continue riding, we recommend you practice this technique. A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- This kite features a simple and effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
- The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports – they must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, if they are worn or are not to factory specifications (+ or – 15mm) they must be replaced or the kite will not perform as designed.